domingo, 29 de marzo de 2020

PET and KET tips!


Hi 6th grade!!

It's Kendall. I hope you're doing okay at home with your families!

I'm writing a list of some helpful things to remember for your PET and KET speaking exams.
I know it's hard to practice right now, but here are some things to keep in mind:


  • Surname / family name / second name = apellido 
    • These all mean the same thing! 

  • In English, we are our age, we do NOT have our age.
    • YES: I am 24 years old. 
    • YES: He is 12 years old.
    • YES: You are 10 years old. 
    • NO: I have 24 years 😡😡😡😡😡

  • The question what is she/he like? is asking you to describe them. 
    • What is Kendall like?  She has brown hair and brown eyes. She is not very tall. She is nice. 
    • What does Kendall like? She likes to listen to music and play tennis. 
    • What is your school like? My school is big. It has two buildings and a patio. It has a computer room and a music room. There are a lot of students. 


  • In English, the adjectives come first
    • For example,
      • My grandpa's house
      • He is wearing a blue shirt.
      • She has green eyes.
      • I live in a small house. 

  • Remember in your speaking exam, do NOT speak Spanish at all. Do NOT speak to your partner in Spanish!

Good luck with everything!!!
-Kendall 😊